What's Going On?
The Strathcona Harvest Festival is a chance for friends and neighbours to share in fun, creative and engaging activities. If there's an activity of particular interest to you, Get Involved and help make it happen!
All Local Performers
- Stay tuned for more news on this year's line-up...
- Bring your pie, label your pie plate and fill out a display tag by 1pm. Winning pies anounced at 1:30. Then let the pie sale begin!
- Beautiful handmade prize ribbons for contest winners.
- Pies will be for sale after the contest at 1:45- mmmmmmm.....
- Label your canning with the following: name of recipe, category for entry, entrant's name & contact info. Submit jar(s) with your entry form by 1:00pm.
- Categories: Jams & Jellies, Pickles, Other: Sweet and Other: Savoury.
- Entries will be judged on appearance, texture, creativity of recipe and presentation.
- Winners will be announced at 3:30. Prize ribbons for contest winners.
- Fundraiser for the Fundraiser for the Strathcona Elementary Farm-To-Table Program.
- Donors list to come. Contact us to participate!
- Saturday, September 21st from 12 – 4pm at the Strathcona Community Centre.
- Food will be made to share with our community at the community potluck! We sure could use some helping hands, of any age or skill. Participants will get to take home portions of each food made. Yum.
- Please bring your own bowls, cups and cutlery to enjoy our delicious Harvest Soup and bread. There will also be coffee, water and fresh fruit available for everyone.
Potato Sack Race
- AKA "Coffee Bean Sack Race" run by Boyd of the Wilder Snail. Watch for him to announce the starting times. There are prizes, so practice your hopping and enjoy.
- Face painting is free!
Seasonal Crafts & Special Guest Artists
- Stay tuned for more news on these activities...